Thursday, June 28, 2012

Post-yoga tabbouleh


Do you also crave vegetarian food after yoga? In march when I had a monthly pass at Sanapura and practiced every other day I just wanted to eat lentil soup for dinner every day after my class. Yoga increases the connection to your own body so stongly, maybe that is why? Anyway. I did a 90 minutes Hatha class at Airyoga in Bellvue on tuesday (tips! that class at 5pm on tuesdays is only 20 CHF for 90 minutes as oppose to 40 normally) and afterwards I wanted...vegetarian. So said and done.

I decided to cook a version of tabbouleh. I am not sure whats exactlly in the original recipe but this is how I did - it litter

You'll need (for 2)
Couscous (or other grain of choice like quinoa or bulgur)
2 tomatoes
1/2 cucumber
1 handful (atleast) of fresh herbs ( I used basil and persil that I grow on my balcony)
Fresh lemon juice
Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Prepare your grains according to the package. I always have some kind of grains prepared in my fridge, its really handy and also better from a health perspective since the starch changes when carbohydrates are cooling off and the GI index gets lower. So better for you! Good to know with for ex. potatoes too.

2. Chop up your veggies and herbs. Toss with couscous.

3. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice and add salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy! I served with homemade avocado cream and hummus. It was  post-yoga perfection!



No comments:

Post a Comment