Monday, June 25, 2012

Pick me up - Healthy Chocolate Shake


My favorite place to visit when I go to Stockholm is Blueberry (www.blueberrylifestyle.com)  - a chain of health stores and smoothie bars that never makes you disappointed and always leaves you inspired. They have a smoothie called Pick me up that is filled with raw chocolate and coffee. I haven't been there for years, and still this shake came into my mind when craving a post-workout (Body shape at Holmes place) snack today. This is my attempt to recreate it:

You'll need:
1 frozen banana
2 dl milk product of your choice (almond, rice, normal what ever works for you)
1 table spoon of high quality cacao powder
1 table spoon of raw cacao nibs if you want
A large splash of coffee if you want

Mix together and enjoy! If  you need more sweetness, some good quality honey will do the trick. This really lives up to its name - Pick me up! So much good and instant energy for a creative afternoon.

Smoothie Love

No comments:

Post a Comment